Monday, May 3, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 17:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 17:2

"Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the Lord?

"Did chide with" HEB strove with, or complained to
"Tempt the Lord?" HEB put the Lord to the test, TG Doubt; Test

I sat and pondered on what would have been the right thing for me to do if I had been one of the children of Israel? The problem it appears with the children of Israel is they expected Moses to fix their problems. They expected miracles, not with faith but as a way to test God. Their connection to God was through Moses, without expecting anything to be required of them.

What would have been required of me? I would have prayed, not just send me water, but asking how do I obtain water for me and my family. For that is all that I have stewardship over in the answer I receive. I would have expected some work on my part for the solution that comes.

In fact when Moses ask the Lord what to do he is given specific instructions on where to go and which rock to smite for water to come out. It was a miracle but it took faith to do what was required. "Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me. But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it be right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right." (Doctrine and Covenants 9:7-8)



Day 2226

No comments:

Post a Comment