Sunday, May 16, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 30:37-38

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 30:37-38

"And as for the perfume which thou shalt make, ye shall not make to yourselves according to the composition thereof: it shall be unto thee holy for the Lord.
Whosoever shall make like unto that, to smell thereto, shall even be cut off from his people."

Interesting, I hadn't noticed this before that the Lord told Moses to make certain spices into a perfume. But, this perfume would be holy for the Lord. Anyone that copies this and made themselves to smell of this should be cut off from his people. We don't have incense and perfume in the temple or at church now so I had to ponder on this.

In Revelation I learn that vials full of odours and incense are the prayers of the saints.

"And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of the saints."
(Revelation 5:8)

"And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
And the smoke of the incense, which came with prayers of the saints, ascending up before God out of the angel's hand."
(Revelation 8:3-4)

I sat here pondering on word associations. I was never good at them in school. But I think there is an association here. Incense is connected to the prayers of the saints. The smell is part of that vehicle. I don't know why, because I can't figure out the word association, but I think the smell as a vehicle would be the priesthood. If someone tried to act like they had authority when they did not, then they would be cut off. I guess if I didn't hold the priesthood by the proper authority I wouldn't go around burning incense as a vehicle for other's prayers. Other than an impression I can't prove that. All I know with the law of Moses fulfilled we don't use incense, but we do offer prayers which was the whole purpose behind the incense to begin with. I guess I will just roll this around in my brain a while and see if I can stumble on how these words associate. If the spirit teaches me something its usually not an originally thought, and I will find another witness that confirms it.



Day 2239

No comments:

Post a Comment