Monday, April 6, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 5:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 5:13
"For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?"

This made me think of a conversation I had and I was trying to explain something and why a certain behavior troubled me. Then I had this thought to say "Just ask yourself what would President Nelson do in that situation?"  As soon as I said that the matter was very clear on what the correct position should be.

So why did thinking of President Nelson make a difference in the discussion?  Because we've seen President Nelson all these years and know his goodness. He is not a stranger to us. As a prophet we know he would do as the Savior would have him do. That he would seek to understand the Savior's heart and will. 

As I ponder on this verse I know that as I read the scriptures and faithfully do as I have been asked that I will come to know the heart of my Savior and master, Jesus Christ. He will not be stranger to me. I can picture what he would want me to do. In that way I will work to serve and do good things as he did. With that thought close to my heart I will have the compass that I need that will bring me back to Him.



Day 1834

No comments:

Post a Comment