Monday, April 13, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 12:34-35

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 12:34-35
"I am the Lord thy God, who hath brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Thou shalt have no other God before me."

The reason these verses stood out to me is because this world is suffering a pandemic. We are all taking refuge in our homes and for some it is a "house of bondage". Why is that? Because we have put other gods before the one true God. He's waiting for the world to wake up to our awful plight. These are the voices of warning. Today I've not only read about the plague, I also seen earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, food shortages and swarms of locust in the news.

Every time I pray, and even during my fast, I ask that this pandemic will end. Each time the answer is, it will end when we've learned what we were all suppose to learn. In the mean time my house of refuge is exactly that. It's safe and I feel peace. I know the Lord is watching over our little family. He is inspiring us in what we need to do to maintain that peace. We are blessed in the middle of a crises. I think back on the 16 months of suffering I went through before my knee surgery. One of the greatest things I learned was patience. That lesson in patience is serving me well now. Today there are new lessons being taught and I know they will be important skills I will need for the future. These days are not lost opportunities, they are blessings that will serve me well in days to come, if I let the Lord lead me where I need to go. 


Day 1841

No comments:

Post a Comment