Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 13:11

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 13:11
"And now I read unto you the remainder of the commandments of God, for I perceive that they are not written in your hearts; I perceive that ye have studied and taught iniquity the most part of your lives."

Abinadi is speaking to king Noah and his priests. He is testifying of the coming of Christ, telling them of their iniquities and reciting the ten commandments. What struck me when reading this verse is not only did these people not have the commandment written in their hearts, it was purposely done. They were studying and taught iniquity. It shows me how careful I have to be about what I am studying and who I am listening to. They must have been involved in priestcrafts because they had twisted the gospel and lost the true purpose behind the law of Moses. The same danger exists today. This is why I must read and ponder the scriptures in my heart every daily.


Day 1842

No comments:

Post a Comment