Thursday, April 30, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 29:20

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 29:20
"But behold, he did deliver them because they did humble themselves before him; and because they cried mightily unto him he did deliver them out of bondage; and thus doth the Lord work with his power in all cases among the children of men, extending the arm of mercy towards them that put their trust in him."

Right before reading my scriptures I was sitting and pondering over the events of the day. An event happened earlier this week that yesterday it appeared that mercy was needed in order to resolve the situation. I told my family what was needed now was for us to pray for mercy, that the people in a position to make this decision would be merciful and this is what we began to do.

I could hardly sleep last night, not because of worry but because ideas on how to resolve it were coming to me. When I awoke the plan was formed on how to acquire this mercy. I contacted the person and offered them something in order for them to make their decision with mercy. Then I turned it over to the Lord. I had done all that he had impressed on me to do. Now the matter was in His hands. What was required of me is to be still and wait for the decision. Then I never thought about this situation for the remainder of the day, until I was ready to read my scriptures, and then find this verse. In fact what struck me tonight is how totally I had turned it over to the Lord. To me the matter was resolved regardless of the outcome. What the outcome would be would be what the Lord felt was needed for the parties involved. I am so grateful for the peace that trusting the Lord brings. That in itself is mercy.


Day 1858

No comments:

Post a Comment