Thursday, November 16, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 19:46

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 19:46
"Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves."

I focused on the part of "my house is the house of prayer". I reflected on this week, while in the celestial room of the Saratoga Springs Temple. It was my first endowment session there. I was so focused on my prayer that I didn't even look at how the room was furnished and decorated. When my prayer finished I noticed all the people quietly praying or reading their scriptures, just like I was. It wasn't until I was leaving that I decided to look up and see how the room was decorated. It was such a quick look I still couldn't tell you what the room looked like, so I had to look it up.

This also made me reflect on an article I read this week in the Church News, "Survey: 4 temples among top 20 'peaceful' U.S. tourist spots". It told how people of other faiths came to the temple grounds to feel of its peace and also take lovely photos. I was glad others could enjoy the peace of the temple, even though they could not come inside once dedicated. I am grateful I have never experience a temple being a den of thieves. There are to many watchful, prayerful people that would stop that from happening. I have experience times when people were to loud in their chattering, and that has driven me from the peace of the celestial room. Which always makes me sad.



Day 3151

No comments:

Post a Comment