Saturday, November 11, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 14:10-11

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 14:10-11
"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.'
This made me ponder on times I have seen people full of pride overlook the humble, and when I have done it myself. Such wise counsel to not boast yourself up only to be ready for a fall. I don't know if its my age, or just getting wiser that I have no problem taking a back seat.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."
(Proverbs 16:18-19)



Day 3146

No comments:

Post a Comment