Thursday, November 9, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 12:37, 43, 46-47

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 12:37, 43, 46-47
"Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 
The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes."

This chapter speaks of the Lord's Second Coming. So many things to ponder on. I decided to look for what I should do and not do. I felt these verses first explained we should be watching for His coming. Then not only watching but also found doing. What are they doing I wonder?

On the other hand are those that don't look for the Lord's coming. They will be caught unaware. They did not prepare themselves for His second coming, even when they obviously knew they should. Which now answers the earlier question of what were the others found doing? They are preparing themselves according to the will of God. Part of that means listening and following the counsel of His prophets, and being led by the Holy Ghost on what is needful to do.

"Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not." (vs. 40)

I may not know all the signs of the times. I may not discern how close or far away we are. But, one thing I do know is, I can't go wrong if I am continually preparing myself to one day stand before the Lord and be judged. If my heart and work is to go about strengthening His kingdom I cannot go amiss.



Day 3144

No comments:

Post a Comment