Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: John 8:23

Today's Favorite Verse: John 8:23
"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world."

I realized Jesus was just referring to those that were against him. They were inspired from beneath, Satan. They were of this world. Those that follow Christ are like him, and not of this world. He is telling us where we should stand.

"I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world."
(John 17:14-16)

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."
(1 John 2:15)

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."
(Colossians 3:2)

"And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside the things of this world, and seek for the things of a better."
(Doctrine and Covenants 25:10)



Day 3164

No comments:

Post a Comment