Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 6:34

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 6:34
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

This made me ponder on something that happened over 30 years ago. My husband and I had a situation that if the worse case scenario happened it would have been absolutely devastating to us. This worse case scenario weighed on my mind and caused such extreme anxiety. I literally would tremble and shake at the thought of it. I could find no relief, because there was nothing to prevent the worse case scenario from happening. All we could do is our best, which we had done. I finally turned to the Lord for relief and was told to not worry about the matter, unless I needed to worry about it. If that day came then I would deal with it. I then left it in His hands, and the fear and anxiety left me. When about 10 years had past I realized the worse case scenario never did happen. That chances of it ever happening then were practically non-existent. Having done our best in the matter, and leaving the rest in God's hand had protected us. I had lived in peace all those years because I took no thought on the matter as I had been advised. I have lived that advise all those years since.



Day 3094

No comments:

Post a Comment