Saturday, September 30, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 16:18-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Matthew 16:18-19
"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

I pondered on how Jesus called his twelve apostles, with Peter chief among them, to build His church. The rock it is built upon is Jesus Christ. The keys and authority were given, what was bound on earth was bound in heaven. After the death of the apostles there was an great apostasy. Now, in the latter-days Christ's church has once again been restored upon the earth. It is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Lord's prophets have held that authority and keys ever since. The gates of hell will not prevail against it. Christ's church will stand until He comes again. I pray that I remain faithful, and stand with it. We can never take our testimony for granted.



Day 3104

No comments:

Post a Comment