Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Malachi 3:10-11

Today's Favorite Verse: Malachi 3:10-11
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts."

I pondered on the blessings that have come to me and my family as we have paid tithing. The blessings come both spiritually and temporarily. The particular blessing that stood out to me was he would "rebuke the devourer for my sake". The blessing of protection against evil. As this world grows darker being protected from evil means so much to me. I do not want to be deceived or devourer by the adversary. I want the blessing of having the spirit always to be with me. I want wisdom to use the blessings God provides me with. I can make do with little, while a rich man can have money flow through his fingers like water. Easy in and easily devoured. In reality he just can't hold onto it. It is devoured upon his lusts. Wealth is no measure of God's blessings falling upon you. It's what you can do with what He has given that shows wealth.



Day 3087

No comments:

Post a Comment