Thursday, September 30, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 6:7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 6:7-8
"And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD because of the Midianites,
That the LORD sent a prophet unto the children of Israel, which said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I brought you up from Egypt, and brought you forth out of the house of bondage;"

I pondered on how in times of trouble people have turned to the Lord and cried unto God and he has deliver them. That delivery comes through a prophet. What they needed to do was listen to him. In this chapter I can see how a prophet was prepared because of his humility. He does test God to prove he sent an angel to him and to make sure that he is speaking with God. I'm ok with that, because all that he asked was personal between him and God. We do need to be careful to test any messenger that appears to us. I reflected on how grateful I am to know there is a living prophet of God upon the earth today. That he does receive revelation from the Lord. That he is faithful and guides us. I am so grateful I will be able to sit at his feet this coming weekend.



Day 2376

No comments:

Post a Comment