Friday, September 24, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 24:23

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 24:23
"Now therefore put away, said he, the strange gods which are among you, and incline your heart unto the LORD God of Israel."

This verse made me think of headline I saw today that said "Politics Is America's New Religion". I had remarked to my son that I believed that people have replaced God with politics. They have created their own god out of it. They worship the constitution, they worship political leaders, they pursue their politics with religious zeal. They are behaving very oddly. Now I even see this verse differently because of the usage of the phrase "strange gods". Yes, politics have become one of those strange gods that people are worshipping. Just like so many other worldly things. We are a world with an unlimited number of "strange gods", and there will be a price to pay for it. "If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good."
(Joshua 24:20)




Day 2370

No comments:

Post a Comment