Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 8:4-5, 7

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 8:4-5, 7
"And he commanded them, saying, Behold, ye shall lie in wait against the city, even behind the city: go not very far from the city, but be ye all ready:
And I, and all the people that are with me, will approach unto the city: and it shall come to pass, when they come out against us, as at the first, that we will flee before them,
Then ye shall rise up from the ambush, and seize upon the city: for the LORD your God will deliver it into your hand."

This made me think of the war chapters in the Book of Mormon and the stratagem used by Captain Moroni, Teancum, and Lehi and their armies. I read Alma 53 and the taking of the city Mulek using such a decoy. It made me wonder when I would need to use this stratagem over something? I think I'm going to watch for this because this can't just be a means for battle in time of war.



Day 2354

No comments:

Post a Comment