Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 8:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 8:7
"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind:it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up."

I've been thinking of late how I need to be a wise steward of my time. That it is so precious I must invest it in things that last for the eternities. For that would be the wisest investment of my time. Now I see it so with this verse. I could put my time and effort into things that are sown into the wind. That which is sown to the wind is not enduring or of an eternal nature. It's like departing from the principles of truth and cleaving to darkness and wickedness. There is no substance of a lasting nature. There is no lasting happiness. What is sown to the wind is what you reap, nothing. The price that is paid is there is no substance or anchor to ground you. The whirlwinds can carry you away.




Day 1445


No comments:

Post a Comment