Saturday, March 30, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 9:9, 14-15

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 9:9, 14-15
"For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God."

I pondered on how this could speak of the sifting and scattering of the Jews upon all the nations. Now they are being gathered back to their lands. It also made me think of the saints beings sifted.

It reminded me of the old sifter my mother had. When she was making cakes or popovers I could help by sifting the dry goods together. I was always fascinated in how the sifter would find these hard little clumps when I originally could not see them as I poured the ingredients in. The hard items left behind were good for nothing and simply tossed into the trash. Sifting is just like the Lord finding those with hardened hearts and removing them from his covenant people. If they remained, just like the cake, they would not become its perfect creation, as a Zion people should. It was through the sifting that each little flake became all that it could be.



Day 1463


No comments:

Post a Comment