Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 6:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Amos 6:1
"Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!"

This reminded me of this.
"And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well - and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.
Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!"
(2 Nephi 28:21, 25)

Elder Dale G. Renlund recently said in a training session. "When talking about the challenges of the signs of the last days there is one often overlooked, "Be not deceived". People will focus on the earthquakes, volcanos, destructions and wars, but the one that is so subtle and misleading is that one."

Being deceived is the one that concerns me the most. When you are at ease you can be carefully lead down to hell. I pondered on how people can still feel at ease even when they are inactive in the church. The devil lies to them that they still have their testimony of the gospel and that is all that matters. Not going to church, reading scriptures, attending the temple, paying tithes and offerings doesn't mean they don't have a testimony. Guess what that's a lie and you have been deceived. If you love the Lord you will do what he says. At some point the testimony that isn't being feed will be gone and you won't even notice it, or miss it, because you were carefully lead down to hell.

I have such a curiosity that I would love to ask someone that is inactive or left the church, but probably never will. What would it take for you to wake up? What prophesied event would have to happen to realize how close things are? The reason I am curious is because I remember an idea I had as a teenager. I decided the year 2000 was probably about the time of the second coming. That someone could do whatever they wanted up until a year before. That would give them enough time to repent and be ok when the Lord came. I am so grateful I saw the absolute foolishness in that idea. But, yet I know it is ideas like that which Satan uses to carefully lead us down to hell. "Woe to them that are at ease in Zion."



Day 1460


No comments:

Post a Comment