Friday, March 1, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Daniel 9:21-23

Today's Favorite Verse: Daniel 9:21-23
"Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of evening oblation.
And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.
At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision."

Daniel understood from the books the 70 years prophesied by Jeremiah, of the desolation of Jerusalem where coming to a close. He then prays not only to repent of his sins but his people for not listening to and obeying the prophets. The angel Gabriel (Noah) is sent to Daniel to inform him that seventy weeks would finish the transgression and make an end of sins. So Daniel is told when the Jews will be able to return to Jerusalem again.

What I pondered on is the need for a living prophet. Just because Daniel could read the prophesy of Jeremiah, and count the number of years from the books, it does not mean he could proceed without being told by a messenger sent from God. A living God needs a living prophet to direct his people. Of all times for this earth, while preparing for the Lord's Second Coming, the need for a living prophet is the greatest. How grateful I am to know that President Russell M. Nelson is God's living prophet on the earth. I can't wait for General Conference again in April, just six weeks away.



Day 1434

No comments:

Post a Comment