Friday, March 8, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 4:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Hosea 4:6
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

This may have happened in the past, but I pondered on how it does not need to happen now. For there is much access to wonderful gospel materials. We have more scriptures that clarify what was lost to humankind for ages. If parents follow the prophet and use the Come, Follow Me manual not only will they gain knowledge of God, but their children will also. It is only through willful disobedience to the council that has been given, and rejecting knowledge that people and their families will face what God has said. I would not want God to forget my children in the days ahead.

Sadly, I would have to say the world in general is more ignorant of the word of God then at any time. Families used to come together at the end of a day and read the scriptures. Now the entertainment of choice is Netflix. The moral compass that guided us for generations is no longer there. It has come by choice, willful contempt, or totally apathy, for the value of the word of God is gone.

So maybe we are back to where Hosea prophesied. But, it doesn't have to be. This is probably where we see the separation of the sheep and the goats.



Day 1441


No comments:

Post a Comment