Sunday, July 12, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

Today's favorite verse: 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels.
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;"

I have a great depth of sorrow of my brothers and sisters that are being deceived and have turned away from God. How can the coming of the Lord and their destruction bring me any joy? Is that part of how that day will be great and terrible? Can I stand to see loved ones not with me, or anyone for that matter? Can I say I have wept great tears over them again this morning. The glory of seeing my Lord and being in his presence I am told will bring rest to my troubles. Will it comfort my heart over those that are not there? I have to believe it is possible, for with God all things are possible. For now I must continue to pray for them, love them, and wait upon the spirit and His inspiration to help those within my sphere of influence. There is still time to repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment