Thursday, July 30, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrews 2:4

Today's favorite verse: Hebrews 2:4
"God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?"
Why do bad things happen to good people? Why if I have faith do miracles sometimes happen and other times not? I am told if I have faith that signs and wonders appear. These gifts are all part of the fruits that faith bares. Why is fruit not always ripe when I need it to be?
This little verse tells me the answers to these questions. It all has to do with the will of God. Even Christ fully capable would not take himself down from the cross, due to the will of the Father. I know God sees the bigger picture. He knows the end from the beginning. As I look back in my life at the hard parts I see great things I have learned from the experiences, even more so than the miracles. They refined me. As hard as the bad times were I would not change a thing. Today I see them as blessings, when before I thought I was left alone and cursed. As I walk in faith I know God's will is always for my good. As much as I love seeing miracles, signs and wonders, my trials are beautiful too. Through them all I have a well rounded life experience. I know good from evil, pleasure from pain, light from darkness. I have knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment