Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 2:12-13

Today's favorite verse: 2 Timothy 2:12-13
"It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:"

It pierced my heart to read "if we deny him, he also will deny us." How does a person deny Him? Is it to hear of Christ and not care? Is it to know His commandments and not live them? Is it to serve yourself and not Him? It is so many ways, when we look to ourselves as our own master. How many people do I know in this condition? Even one is to many. I can't even imagine how it would be to stand before the judgment bar and hear mine own name called and for Christ to say "I never knew him."  I don't want that to happen to me. I don't want that to happen to anyone.

Day 116 Tami Fitzgerald Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment