Saturday, July 25, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Titus 1:2

Today's favorite verse: Titus 1:2
"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began."

I pondered on the plan of salvation, reviewing it once again in my mind. I know that I was a spirit before I was born. Long before this earth was even created. That I was raised in the eternal mansions of my Heavenly Father. There I chose the plan to come to earth and gain a body. I was given my free agency to choose good from evil, to be tried and tested, and learn from mine own experiences. Through the atonement of my Savior Jesus Christ I could repent and become clean from my sins, worthy to return to God's presence. That Christ's resurrection broke the bonds of death and through that I will live again one day, taking on immortality. 

I pondered on the  difference between immortality and eternal life that can await me.  All man regardless of their earthly deeds are given the gift of immortality, to live forever as a resurrected being. Not all men will be allowed back into our Eternal Father's presence. For no unclean thing can reside there. Eternal life or exaltation, is to be allowed to live again in God's presence. To earn eternal life requires my obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. I have a hope of just not immortality but also eternal life. 

I pondered on what a great plan that is, how it's all up to me if I want to choose to live it and take advantage of the atonement of my Savior. That all men were given the light of Christ within them to know right from wrong. Even if they never heard the gospel they will be judged upon the light they walked up to. What a beautiful thing to see his ordinances being extended beyond the veil to those that would accept if they had been given the chance. I think in the very end we will all say God was fair with all his children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment