Monday, July 20, 2015

No Flesh Shall Be Safe Upon The Waters

After reading scriptures this morning I decided to look at the news before writing. I saw another shark attack and decided to look up in the scriptures where it mentions animals turning on us as a sign of the times. There is enough going on to really feel the time of this prophecy is taking place.
Here is a list of what I have found so far. There may be more. If you want to add to it feel free in the comments below.
Ezekiel 14:15
"If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts:"
Jeremiah 5:6
"Wherefore a lion out of the forest shall slay them, and a wolf of the evenings shall spoil them, a leopard shall watch over their cities: every one that goeth out thence shall be torn in pieces: because their transgressions are many, and their backslidings are increased."
Deuteronomy 32:24
"They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust."
Leviticus 26:22
"I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your a high ways shall be desolate."
Revelation 6:8
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."
The Book of Mormon even mentions poisonous serpents that terrorized the Jaredites. We are told to liken this to our day.
Ether 9: 31
"And there came forth poisonous serpents also upon the face of the land, and did poison many people. And it came to pass that their flocks began to flee before the poisonous serpents, towards the land southward, which was called by the Nephites Zarahemla."
Then again maybe the shark attacks are not so much about the animals but about Satan's control over the waters in the last days.
Doctrine & Covenants 61:13-19
13 And now, behold, for your good I gave unto you a commandment concerning these things; and I, the Lord, will reason with you as with men in days of old.
14 Behold, I, the Lord, in the beginning blessed the waters; but in the last days, by the mouth of my servant John, I cursed the waters.
15 Wherefore, the days will come that no flesh shall be safe upon the waters.
16 And it shall be said in days to come that none is able to go up to the land of Zion upon the waters, but he that is upright in heart.
17 And, as I, the Lord, in the beginning cursed the land, even so in the last days have I blessed it, in its time, for the use of my saints, that they may partake the fatness thereof.
18 And now I give unto you a commandment that what I say unto one I say unto all, that you shall forewarn your brethren concerning these waters, that they come not in journeying upon them, lest their faith fail and they are caught in snares;
19 I, the Lord, have decreed, and the destroyer rideth upon the face thereof, and I revoke not the decree.
I have been thinking that after we experience the animals turning on us it is going to be all the more amazing when we see the lamb and the lion lie down together when Christ comes.



No comments:

Post a Comment