Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Thessalonians 1:9

Today's favorite verse: 1 Thessalonians 1:9
"For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God."

I did a lot of pondering on idols. I thought about what they were and where I am guilty of letting worldly things control me and not me controlling it. The biggest issue I have is technology wasting my time. Anytime I waste time I am not serving God as I could. One problem I have had is Facebook. It can completely waste my time or I can use it for good, like sharing the gospel or getting closer to family members. 

The answer is to master it and not let it master me. I don't want it to move the true master out of his place in my life. I simply don't want to use things as idols but only as the Lord intended to have them bless my life. As I have pondered over my current means of controlling my Facebook time I have received inspiration on several ways I can improve things in this area. Scripture time is so important, I love how pondering simple verses can open up inspiration to improve areas in my personal life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment