Thursday, July 23, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 16

Today's favorite verse: 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 16
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: for such turn away.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

I felt impressed to ponder on that list of traits we will see in the last days. Yes, I can see them all around me. I have no doubt where I stand in the scheme of this earth's life, these are those times. As I reviewed each item and pondered on today's current events, I realized there are areas here I need to take warning. As good as I am trying to be, don't I have to be careful not to boast, nor have pride, and all those other things. I can't skim them over and think they apply to others. It's listed here to warn me, to instruct me. Scriptures give me a chance to reevaluate what I am doing and what needs to get fixed. Would I not be guilty of being highminded if I thought a list of sins didn't apply to me. It is good to reminded about what to watch out for. Then correct the errors of my ways as I see them. 

I can also see the wisdom in knowing how others will behave. As much as it would pain to have someone be a trucebreaker to me, in a way knowing the Lord warned me would help me move past it. There is comfort in knowing he is already aware before it happens. Would not the spirit also warn me not to enter into truces with those that could break them. If someone is a known liar aren't you more careful about what you trust them with. Yes, I see a lot of warnings here in these verses, may I profit from what I have learned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment