Thursday, July 2, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 4:7

Today's favorite verse: Philippians 4:7
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

I pondered on why it is called a peace which passeth all understanding. I have felt it why can't I describe it? There are no words you can put together to explain how in the deepest of pain and sorrow there can be a peace in your heart and mind. By man's standard that makes no sense. In fact they would think I am talking crazy.

I have been without that peace in my life. I could even have no pressing cares but have no peace in my mind or heart. To think then that when I did suffer there could have been peace around me is simply not understandable. What causes the difference? I think it matters under who's care I keep my heart and mind. It must be in the tend hands of my Savior Jesus Christ. I need to let Him carry my burdens and wrap His loving arms around me. He must be the focus of my life to have that peace which passeth all understanding. Why is it without understanding? Because it makes no sense to someone who has never experienced such a peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment