Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrews 1:2

Today's favorite verse: Hebrews 1:2
"Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

What really stuck out at me on this verse was the word "worlds" that is plural, meaning more than one. God the Father's son is Jesus Christ, and by God's word His son created the worlds. Not only our world but others. I thought about what a beautiful world this is. I pondered on how my church is the only church I know of that has preached from the very beginning that God made other worlds than this one. 

I pondered on how dangerous it is to get overly curious about these other worlds. This is a realm that I think Satan can totally deceive people with all these alien sightings. Just like people can get all caught up in the paranormal, trying to communicate with ghosts, which are simply mischievous spirits of deceased individuals or Satan's followers trying to deceive. I believe these ghosts can appear as little children, famous people of the ages, anyone in history they want to be. A true spirit sent from God would not cause us to run around foolishly after them. When a true spirit has a message he will deliver it and be done. The power to discern spirits and their true source is a gift of the Holy Ghost. I do feel bad about all the foolish time I wasted in the past on paranormal things. They truly have no lasting value and can only lead to deception.  

Honestly, if you get really down to it we are all aliens on this earth, since we were spirits before we were born. The important thing is this world was made for us. It really makes no difference to the gospel plan who or what or where these other worlds are. The important thing to know is God created this world for me. From my view they bring variety and beautify to the heavens. Some day the Lord has promised to reveal all things to each of us. I will know all the answers to science, the laws of the universe, and how these worlds were made. For now I have so much to focus on here to learn. This earth is the world for me to be tried and tested and learn to walk by faith. I love my earthly home.


No comments:

Post a Comment