Sunday, July 26, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Titus 2:3-4

Today's favorite verse: Titus 2:3-4
"The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,"

I remember reading these verses and some others a long time ago. It taught me to the value the wisdom of older women. I found at work I would gravitate towards the older women. There was just so much to learn from them.  At church I so loved the lessons they taught. Time has marched on and now I am one of these older women. I have learned a lot over the years. I have much council and advise I would love to share. But, one thing I have also learned along the way is to hold my tongue more. People only want so much advise and won't take it if its unsolicited. It makes me wonder how much I really could have learned from my older friends years ago, if I was just willing to sit and really listen to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment