Sunday, July 19, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Timothy 5:8

Today's favorite verse: 1 Timothy 5:8
"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

In this chapter Paul is giving counsel for providing welfare assistance to the saints. Charity does begin at home. I now have two adult children living with me with various concerns, another child needing help with medical bills. I have prayerfully sought how to help them. I have made mistakes over the years and hopefully learned from them. For those in my home the one thing I have felt right about is my obligation to provide a roof over their heads and food in their stomachs. I do not need to provide any more standard of living. I am very guarded in any other assistance. More than this requires them to get well and work. 

I have learned so much from this experience. I see the hand of the Lord blessing our home. He helps us have sufficient for our needs. I take comfort in listening to the spirit and being guided about how much to help and when to step back. 

The best parts are the peace it gives to know the Lord is pleased with our efforts. The comfort He gives me when I am denied things I would love to do or have. The sweet joy it brings seeing them have safety and security in their lives so they can focus on getting well. He has helped me learn so much from their struggles. For myself I would not change a thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment