Saturday, July 11, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:19

Today's favorite verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:19
"Quench not the Spirit"

Such a tiny verse but it really made me sit and ponder. The footnotes for Quench gives "Extinguish, Hinder, Suppress". For some reason I don't think this means you have the spirit leave due to disobedience or sin. I think a person is entitled to the spirit but they turn it away. I know I have been guilty of that. There are times I feel the spirit and try so hard to stop feeling it so I don't cry and make a spectacle of myself. I wonder if doing that the spirit will soon feel like an unwelcome guest? Would he soon stop visiting me even though I am entitled to a visit? Do I really have to cry more than I already do? Tomorrow is Sunday and I will have opportunity to feel the spirit many times. I am going to have to experiment on my reactions. Maybe I could say a silent prayer and know better how to not quench the spirit but control my emotions. This is the first I have realized I might be doing something wrong, so I have more pondering to do on this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment