Monday, July 20, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Timothy 6:10

Today's favorite verse: 1 Timothy 6:10
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

I remember when I discovered that rich people are not the only ones that need to be careful about the love of money. As a poor man I had a love of money too. I was obsessed with my lack of it and my need for it. It was an overwhelming issue in my life. I judged people that had it and had no idea how badly I needed help. I was no better than people that condemned others for being rich. Automatically thinking that because they were rich they were prideful and uncaring. It was a painful day when I discovered the errors of my way. I still hurt inside when I hear people quote this verse and get it wrong when they condemn those that are rich for their love of money. A poor man's love of money is just as bad. When you have a love of money you never feel grateful for what you have or that you have enough. The law of the fast, paying my tithing and trying to live worthy so the Lord will bless me with sufficient for my needs, has healed me from its vice.

No comments:

Post a Comment