Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 1:7

Today's favorite verse: 2 Timothy 1:7
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

I am so grateful that the love of the Lord has removed fear of the unknown from my heart. Even when the scriptures say we are to fear God, its not as man thinks of fear. It is to love, honor and respect Him. Those that don't know the Lord would truly have cause to fear Him. Having the love of God gives me the power to overcome whatever is placed before me. It is to know that I am not alone in the battle of life. It fills me with His comfort and peace.

It is Satan's plan to force and control us. If we feel fear we know he is near.

The one thing in this verse the stuck out at me was the part "of a sound mind". Am I not seeing people in the news and around me behaving without a sound mind. The logic of political correctness baffles me. The blindness and deafness that Satan brings to the logic of men not only gives them fear, it also makes them dumb. This is what I would call being without a sound mind. I just pondered on how real the gospel is, and what the world thinks is real. Some may think I am the one without a sound mind. At the end we will all find out what is really real.  For now I will go with the plan that doesn't bring fear. Loving the Lord is the only way I stay sane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment