Friday, July 24, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 4:7-8

Today's favorite verse: 2 Timothy 4:7-8
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."

These words just touched my heart and made me cry tonight. I love Paul the Apostle and to see that he knows his end is coming just makes me weep, even though I know he died thousands of years ago. I hope it will be said of me that I also fought a good fight, finished the course, and kept the faith. What more is important. Someday I want to sit and talk with Paul and tell him how much his life meant to me. How his words inspired me. How his sins and repentance made me know I could be forgiven too. I want to be where Paul is because I know that is where God is.

No comments:

Post a Comment