Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Do&C 102:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 102:2
The high council was appointed by revelation for the purpose of settling important difficulties which might arise in the church, which could not be settled by the church or the bishop's council to the satisfaction of the parties."

As I read this chapter I kept thinking, what does this have to do with me?  I don't plan on having a situation where I would need to go before the high council to settle a dispute, or have them question my standing in the church?

Then I realized, I do need to know this. In fact I have counted on these proceedings as the church has needed to settle matters, especially with apostate members. I know how the Lord handles these matters, and it is just and fair. The whole process is no secret, A person is given every opportunity to repent. When an apostate in turn speaks out angrily against the church, I feel no need to hear or get involved in the matter. I have totally confidence in how these things have been handled. I trust the high council has sought the will of the Lord in the matter.


Day 521



No comments:

Post a Comment