Saturday, August 6, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 78:10, 14

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 78:10, 14
"Otherwise Satan seeketh to turn their hearts away from the truth, that they become blinded and understand not the things which are prepared for them.
That through my providence, notwithstanding the tribulation which shall descend upon you, that the church may stand independent above all other creatures beneath the celestial world;"

I laid in bed this morning reading a book. Something I haven't done in years. I just felt it so needful to read this non-religious book written for my day. It is helping me understand what progressiveness is, and why there is a movement towards it in our society. The author is not a member of my faith but I saw so many parallels to what the prophets and leaders of my church have been warning against. I could see Satan's plan and the Lord's plan side by side, even though it wasn't all in the book.

I have a special gift I was given in my patriarchal blessing. I am going to share this portion. "Through His Spirit, you will be able to distinguish between social, educational, political and philosophical doctrines which are in keeping with the Gospel from those which run counter." I know of myself I have not the ability to distinguish between these false doctrines. It is only through the Spirit I can have the gift of true discernment and not be deceived. As I read my book I knew the spirit was speaking to me. One question I had running through my mind was "If I were to believe Satan had a plan for this earth, what tools would he be using to make it work? I could see how they are no longer in hiding, but openly in plain sight.

As I sat to read my scriptures it confirms my thoughts that Satan has a plan prepared for us. He has made these preparation from every facet of our lives. One cannot see it unless you look at the social, educational, political and philosophical doctrines and how they interact with each other. This plan is reaching a ripeness that is scary beyond belief. He is masterful in his plan and the way it is being orchestrated. Many of his players have no idea they are working his most beautiful of plans. Beautiful only if you see it through his eyes and how very successful it has become. What is horrifying is many have no idea they are supporting things that bring to pass what Satan has planned for us. Things that will only bring tribulation upon the saints, as these verses testify of.

On the other hand we have a glorious plan in place for us by our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. As I was reading I could see a recent direction the church is taking to circumvent a plan of Satan. I saw the wisdom of having the church stand independent to protect us from Satan's plan. How much the family is under attack and how needful it is to stand in holy places, and have our homes a refuge from the storms. I am so very grateful for the Father's plan. How I pray I will have the spirit as my constant companion and not be deceived. The gift of the Holy Ghost is the only protection I ultimately have.

Day 497



No comments:

Post a Comment