Saturday, August 20, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 91:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 91:1
"Verily, thus saith the Lord, I give unto the united order, organized agreeable to the commandment previously given, a revelation and commandment concerning my servant Frederick G. Williams, that ye shall receive him into the order. What I say unto one I say unto all."

I have to admit I don't really understand all about the united order. It isn't something I have felt impressed to study and learn about. I know it deals with the law of consecration, and I live that as things are setup right now. Someday the members of the church maybe called to live the united order again, but that just seems so far away to me. 

One thing I do hope is if I was called to live it, I hope it is during a time of wealth for me. I think the blessings would be incredible to give all when there is much to give. If I gave in my poverty I would be concerned I would unite in this because of my own personal greed. 

As I thought on this short two verse chapter, my mind went back to a conversation I had with a sister I visit taught in New England, over 30 years ago. She was going inactive and all worked up and concerned about someday being asked to live the law of polygamy. I was young and inexperienced and had never thought upon this matter. While I sat and listened, I just prayed in my heart I would know what to say. Then the spirit spoke and I said "There is a reason you are concerned about living the law of polygamy right now. That is because we are not asked to live it. Your heart is right in this matter. When or if the time ever comes to live such a law again, I am sure your heart and my heart will be changed. Then we would be able to do what we are asked to do." These words settled the matter for the sister and were words of marvel to me. This experience has helped me be relieved of any concern on matters I do not understand. I do not have to pick at them to make myself raw over them. I know when its time to understand or know something of importance, my mind will be opened to these things.  
Day 511

No comments:

Post a Comment