Sunday, August 28, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 100:5-6

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 100:5-6
"Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;
For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say."

I have experienced this many times in my life. I pondered on some of my experiences and realized the frequency is happening more and more. I think consistent scripture reading helps because often the impressions that comes are in the way of scriptures. One thing is for sure I am also taught during those experiences. Truly the words that come, put gospel principles in a light I had never considered before. They do bear testimony of truths. I have even said to people, "Wow, I didn't know that. I learned something new too." I have pondered a lot on a recent experience. I continued to learn more afterwards the more I pondered on it. I have wondered if the other person's question or concern, that were not my own, were also a means for Heavenly Father to teach me more of his mysteries. It's like both parties needed to be edified by the experience. Having learned something myself is a true marker that is was indeed instruction through the Spirit.


Day 519

No comments:

Post a Comment