Sunday, August 21, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 93:36-37

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 93:36-37
"The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.
Light and truth forsake the evil one."

I've heard this saying many times "The glory of God is intelligence". It's inspired me to gain all the knowledge I can. For I know that is what I can take with me. But I sat and pondered on this and I don't think its talking about secular knowledge at all.

I think its telling me to seek the glory of God, and learn more of him. Pure intelligence would lead me to eternal truths. I would understand the will of God in my life, and seek to do it. I would forsake all that is evil and come to Christ, the true source of light and truth. To come to know the Son is only to glorify the Father.


Day 512



No comments:

Post a Comment