Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 103:27-28

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 103:27-28
"Let no man be afraid to lay down his life for my sake; for whoso layeth down his life for my sake shall find it again.
And whoso is not willing to lay down his life for my sake is not my disciple."

I don't think I will ever be called to be a martyr. Out of all the Christians in the world a small percent have. So how do I liken this verse to me? What does it mean to lay down my life for Christ's sake? It must be that I give up the things of the world for something better. That I take off the natural man and stand with Christ. That I am a witness at all times, in all things, and places. That the fear of the Lord is greater than the fear of man. Which I have come to understand fearing the Lord has nothing to do with fear, when your on his side. Having his love is finding a new life, I am born again. I was lost but now I am found.


Day 522


No comments:

Post a Comment