Sunday, August 7, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 79:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 79:2
"And I will send upon him the Comforter, which shall teach him the truth and the way whither he shall go."

From personal experience I know this verse is true. Every answer to a prayer I have said has come through the Comforter, or Holy Ghost. The Spirit can only testify and speak the words of Christ. No matter the issue, whether great or small, if it is needful then this is how the answer comes.

I have been pondering of late if I should relate the answer to prayer I received on who to vote for in the coming election. The answer did not come until I was totally willing to submit to whatever the answer given, regardless of my personal feelings on the person. The answer I received gave me such an abiding testimony of the power of prayer. I also know answers don't come until I am willing to live up to what I receive.

What would I say is the answer for who to vote for in the coming election? It's prayer. I did not receive an answer until I considered the question I had been asking. The Spirit needed to teach me on what I needed to ask. When I received an answer through the Comforter there was no doubt, the direction I needed to take was clear and abiding. Even if I shared what I received it would make no difference to a person that had no witness to the same thing. Its personal and was presented in such a way that I could understand. The best thing for everyone is to pray with a sincere heart and look at what your asking for. If the answer hasn't come then change your question. 


Day 498

Posted: 7 Aug 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment