Friday, August 26, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 98:9-10, 14

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 98:9-10, 14
"Nevertheless, when the wicked rule the people mourn.
Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil.
Therefore, be not afraid of your enemies, for I have decreed in my heart, saith the Lord, that I will prove you in all things, whether you will abide in my covenant, even unto death, that you may be found worthy."

Never in the history of our nation have we had such poor candidates for president. Honest, wise and good men left standing have hardly any chance of winning. Baring the mercy of the Lord, I foresee our next president to be counted among the evil and wicked of this world. Yet I have peace and am not troubled, because I know I did not and will not support them in evil. I am not fearing what will come and have found peace, because I have covenanted with the Lord to obey his will. I know this will be a time of proving of His saints and where their loyalties lay. I believe in miracles, even eternal life.

After posting these thoughts I went back and read these verses again and something jumped out at me. We are told to seek honest, wise and good men as our rulers. That is what observe to uphold means. The part "otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil", would mean not to vote for people that do not have these characteristics. I have heard so many people saying they are voting "for the lesser of two evils". The Lord is telling us in verse 10 that anything less than good is evil. If we support one evil person over another we are still choosing evil. If we are God fearing people, we must not select the "lesser of two evils". It will prove to the Lord we will not abide in our covenants. We will not be found worthy at the judgment seat. Boy, is this election one of the most important ones of our lifetimes. 


Day 517


No comments:

Post a Comment