Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 88:119

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 88:119
"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God."

This verse is preparing the saints for a temple of God. It is describing its purpose. What I pondered on is how this is the same pattern for my home. I have had an incredible desire to "put my house in order". I have been cleaning and dejunking little spaces as my time allows. I am finding it is even true for homes, by small and simply things are great things accomplished. It is such a good feeling to get rid of things. Its like bondage is going out the window. As I was reading this verse I realize the desire to declutter did not come to me until I had established my house to be a place of prayer, fasting, faith, and learning, so peace could reign. I wonder if a whole new level of glory will reside here once my bondage is gone? To have a house of God you need to cast Satan out of your midst. I would think removing bondage from material items and greed would be part of a similar equation for a home.


Day 507


No comments:

Post a Comment