Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 82:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 82:7
"And now, verily I say unto you, I, the Lord, will not lay any sin to your charge; go your ways and sin no more; but unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return, saith the Lord your God."

Once the Lord has forgiven my sins he will remember them no more. But, what a scary thought that they can all come back on me if I sin again. I don't want my former sins, I cannot let that happen. As I pondered on this concept I realized sins is sin no matter its level of darkness. To sin and not repent means I am unclean, and unworthy regardless. I will not be judged on a sliding scale by the Lord. I am either clean or not. I guess the only sliding scale for me is how far I have fallen and how much easier the road of repentance is to come back. Thinking about this I see how much more needful it is to remain faithful and endure to end. I can never be as perfect as the Lord. It is only by my relying on His mercy is he be able to make up the difference that I lack. 

Day 501 



No comments:

Post a Comment