Monday, August 22, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 94:8-9

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 94:8-9
"And ye shall not suffer any unclean thing to come in unto it; and my glory shall be there, and my presence shall be there.
But if there shall come into it any unclean thing, my glory shall not be there; and my presence shall not come into it."

I cannot tell you how many times I have sat in the celestial room of the temple and wondered if the presence of the Lord is still there? Has the temple been defiled by one unclean person's presence that has made his glory leave?  Thankfully, I can report I have never been in a temple and not felt the spirit there. Yet, I still wonder and I do so today. It would grieve my heart to have his spirit gone because someone else defiled it, and now I had to suffer too.

As I reflected on these verses and my heart's concern, the spirit told me all I have to worry about is if I am clean. I will never suffer because of someone else's sin. I have been twice in a temple when I knew the physical presence of the Lord was there. There is a difference. His physical presence and glory may not come while the unclean are there, but that would not mean he would never come. Once it is dedicated to Him, it is his, and the unclean cannot take it from him. Satan does not have that control. As I come worthily the spirit will always be there. It is His Holy House and the timing of his coming is his own.


Day 513

No comments:

Post a Comment