Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 96:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 96:1-2
"Behold, I say unto you, here is wisdom, whereby ye may know how to act concerning this matter, for it is expedient in me that this stake that I have set for the strength of Zion should be made strong.
Therefore, let my servant Newel K. Whitney take charge of the place which is named among you, upon which I design to build mine holy house."

The section heading says this is a revelation given to Joseph Smith the Prophet, showing the order of the city or stake of Zion at Kirtland, Ohio, as an example to the Saints in Kirtland. I had to sit and think a bit what the example was. 

It says the chief subject of consideration was the disposal of certain lands. Since the conference they could not agree who should take charge of the farm, all agreed to inquire of the Lord concerning the matter. I think this is giving an example of studying a subject between ourselves, and if there is no harmony then inquire of the Lord on the matter. I think through the spirit we can make wise decisions in our life. The key is to have the spirit while doing so. If no agreement between parties arise then both parties must be willing to take it to the Lord. He is the great councilor. He will settle matters of dispute. In all things we must be willing to do God's will. 

Day 515

No comments:

Post a Comment