Thursday, August 11, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 83:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 83:6
"And the storehouse shall be kept by the consecrations of the church; and widows and orphans shall be provided for, as also the poor. Amen."

I pondered on how the law of consecration is alive and well today. Once a month I fast two meals and donate that as a fast offering to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is how the Lord provides for his own. The blessings now are that we are able to help more than our own members. What an amazing operation this has blossomed into. Even the poorest among us can fast and donate to help others, and receive the blessings from doing so. I am so grateful for the help I received when my children were young and I could not provide for them. I am so grateful that I can now help others receive that same assistance. 


Day 502

No comments:

Post a Comment