Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 89:2 & 4

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 89:2 & 4
"To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word of wisdom, showing forth the order and will of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days -
Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation -"

This chapter on the Word of Wisdom has been of particular importance to me of late. I have had a weight issue all my life. I have prayed with all my heart that the Lord would bless me, so the foods that are bad for me wouldn't taste good. It was a prayer that was never answered. I didn't realize until later I was asking for something that could never be.

In June, an overwhelming desire to go read the Word of Wisdom and study it came over me. The spirit also told me to read it, and it alone, and not read any books about the Word of Wisdom or any diets based on the Word of Wisdom. I needed the spirit to tell me what I needed to do. This would be a personal tutelage. With that and reading these two verses I realized I had to throw out everything I had ever been taught by man about eating right. The foods we have today and the evil and designs placed by conspiring men upon it, had changed what man has ever known about food. The Word of Wisdom was for these times, not the wisdom of the ages. As I read, being willing to be taught by personal revelation, the spirit told me what to do. It was a plan just for me for the condition of my body at this time. As I talked it over with my husband and son they received their own plans. As my body has been healing the foods that I have been able to eat has increased. I will only follow what the spirit tells me to do, and not anything anyone tells me in their wisdom that is needful. One of the blessings of the Word of Wisdom is personal revelation. I know what works for me may not work in combination or be the emphasis for someone else. 

How has this been working for me in the last 2 months? I have lost 40 lbs. I have energy I have not had in over 20 years. My tummy is full and there are no cravings or feeling deprived. I am off all medicines but one. My body is still healing, but I am no longer in the bondage I have been for years. I stand all amazed at the grace the Lord has given me. I know now what I was doing wrong for me, had placed me in a literal bondage. A bondage I wanted to continue just like someone does with sin. I wanted my food that was bad for me, to not taste good, so I wouldn't desire it. That is like asking God to make sin not pleasurable in its own way. The foods that have been conspired by evil and designing men will always taste good, that's what they were designed to do.

In compensation for eating as the spirit has directed, the foods I am eating taste so very good to me. I am desiring that which is good. In fact it tastes so good I often say several prayers after eating, thanking God once again for making my food taste so good to me. This is such a personal thing for me. I cannot be kept from showing to God in prayer all the gratitude that is in me for this blessing. The Word of Wisdom truly is something to be rejoiced over and with much thanksgiving. 


Day 508


No comments:

Post a Comment